Monday, October 23, 2017

BATISMOOOO!!!

WHOOOOO!!!!! 

We had a miracle baptism this week! 
One of our friends Elton who was marked for baptism next week called on Tuesday and said he was going to move to Germany on Friday. We were like..... what..... So we asked him if he wanted to be baptized before he left and he said that he wanted to receive an answer from God first. So we fasted like never before and on Wednesday we met with him and asked if he had received an answer and he looked at us completely distraught and said that he hadn't and that he wouldn't be baptized. I thought a little bit and asked him what he did to look for an answer and he responded that he prayed and then went to bed. I was like... did you read the scriptures..? Or listen for the Holy Ghost? And he said no. We smiled and explained how if we want to talk to God then we pray but if we want God to talk to us then we read the scriptures! Elton didn't even wait for us to finish. He dropped to his knees and said a long silent prayer. After he was finished he sat back in the chair, grabbed his Book of Mormon and let it fall open. 

It opened to 2 Nephi 31. He started reading in verse 13 which says: 
Wherefore, my beloved brethrenknow that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intentrepenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism—yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One oIsrael.

Elton start to laugh! He look at us and said "Well, I guess God wants me to be baptized in Portugal!!" So we ran to get everything organized, called our District leader for an interview and called President for permission to confirm him and on Thursday night Elton was baptized!!! 

WhOOOooOOHOoOOOO!!





My comp and I are also writing a song because both of us are going to stay here forever. It goes to the tune of Let it Go.

The lights glow bright on the airplane tonight, no companion to be seen.
14 hours in isolation, and for the first time, I'm in jeans.
You feel like crying when your mission bids goodbye.
They didn't let me extend, heaven knows I tried.
Don't let me go, don't make me leave,
I still haven't made it to AP!
Just 6 more weeks and then I'll see...
Family!

I won't go.
I won't go.
You can't make me pack anymore!
I won't go! I won't go!
I'm gonna stay here in Portugal!
And I don't care what President will say
Let this song be sung!
We were never gonna train anyway.

It's funny how the mission makes you gain 15 pounds
and the fear that now controls me is when the plane hits the ground!
Still some time to see what I can do
To teach some lessons to the foobs (foob = fubeca =lazy investigators in Portuguese slang).
No job no school no boys for me! I'm free!

I won't go! I won't go!
You can't make me pack anymore!
I won't go! I won't go!
I'm gonna stay here in Portugal!
And I don't care what my family will say
Let the mission roll on!

My faith is growing from my head until my feet!
My soul is reaching out to every person in the street!
The thought of going home is like a death sentance.
I'm never going back.. The mission is my life!

I won't go! I won't go!
You can't make me pack anymore!
I won't go! I won't go!
I'm gonna stay here in Portugal!
And I don't care what my boyfriend will say
Let the mission roll on!
We were never getting married anyway.

​Haha we walk in the street singing this song and duet it with the other sisters in our district. 

I love my mission... so very much... I'd love to say that it's the best two years but they're only going to let me stay for 18 months... I've learned so much about who I can be and who others can be and why we're here and why everything is so important. I'm so grateful for every day and I'm grateful for a companion who loves running. (I have never ran to so many appointments or buses in my whole mission... The people here in Costa know us as the Maratonas, the mormon marathoners.)

Love you all!!

Have a great week.

Sister Ellsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment