Wednesday, July 27, 2016

PDay 5! Happy Pioneer Weekend!

I honestly can't remember much of what happened this week. It seems like it lasted like 2 days!!

I do have a few stories though... So in Portuguese there are two words I get mixed up all the time. The first is "melhor" and the second is "mulher". This becomes a bit of a problem when teaching a male investigator about becoming better through the Atonement. So melhor means better and mulher means woman. I was trying to ask our investigator if get would like to become better, but instead I switched the words on accident and asked him if he would like to become a woman. 

WHOOPS!! We had a good laugh about it and now it's the joke of the district :) I'll never switch them again!!

Thanks to those who sent me packages and letters! I had my first Dr. Pepper in four weeks and it was probably the best thing ever, second to the dog I saw last week. We also got our travel plans and I got my visa so I'm for sure heading out to Portugal at 9 am on August 2nd! I'm nervous and so excited! We only have one layover in Amsterdam (how cool is that?).

There is a question I have been pondering this week that was asked by a Sister in my district during Sunday School. She asked, "How would your life change if every choice you made was motivated by love?" Would your life change? Would the lives of those around you be better? How could you change your motivations to be stemmed from love?

Sorry for the short email, but hopefully you all know I still love you. Thank you for your thoughts and support.

Tudo Bem!

Goofy district :)


​It's been a studious week!


Much love,
Sister Ellsworth
3 Attachments
 

No comments:

Post a Comment