Monday, January 23, 2017

A Baptism and Transfers! I'm going to Portimau!

Bom Dia!

This week has been awesome!! Our friend Fabiana was baptized! She's Alda's grandaughter, who was baptized a few months ago. She's been absolutely awesome to work with and she has such a strong and pure testimony. I absolutely loved to teach her about the great plan that Heavenly Father has for her. 

And I'm being transfered to Portimau to serve with Sister Aiono! I already know her, she served in the area next to me and we lived in the same house my first transfer. She's so fun and I'm excited to learn a lot from her. I'm nervous to move on to another area but at least it's in the best part of Portugal!! I'm sad to leave Sister Oliver because she's been such a great friend and example to me. She's going to be training a new greenie here and I'm super excited for her.

One of the best things that happened this week was a little lesson we had with Fredy, our friend who is going to be baptized next week. We finished teaching him all of the lessons and we wanted him to come to a resolve on his own to be baptized. After the first hour of church on Sunday we pulled him into a room and began to just talk about everything. I was very nervous that he was going to tell us that he didn't want to be baptized anymore but instead he began to share his experiences of his prayers to know the truth and the happiness he felt with the new knowledge that he had. In that moment, all the work and frustrations we had gone through with him were redeemed as he bore his little and simple testimony that the Book of Mormon was truely another witness of Jesus Christ and that though Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ reestablished his church on the earth again. Fredy's going to be baptized next weekend :)

I aboslutely love this area and the people here! I love my mission. It's the best thing I've ever chosen to do. I feel like I've learned so much and really come to know who I am and why I'm here. 

Love all of you guys lots!! 
Bejinhos,
Sister Ellsworth
Attachments area
Displaying RSCN1320.jpg
Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment