Monday, January 23, 2017

Ternas Misericordiosas

This week was pretty normal. We did a  lot of looking for new investigators. I think we knocked well over 1000 doors easy.  We talked to hundreds of people and found a  couple of people that look like they have some potential. Mainly we're preparing two of our investigators for baptism at the end of this week so that's been our main focus. We did have a couple of miracles this week though! I think my favorite was having a little conversation with Fabiana, who is 14 and is the kind of girl who is so sweet and a little sassy (but everyone in Portugal is a little sassy) but hasn't had many friends. I was talking to her and she told me she was so excited for her baptism but was really nervous. I asked her why and she said something along the lines of "I want to be like you guys with lots of faith and love for everyone. You guys are such good friends to me and I'm going to miss you so much." I smiled at her and gave her a little hug and told her that she could do anything she wanted. I also told her that even big spirit giants like missionaries get scared and nervous all the time. We are always so worried about our investigators and recent converts. We are always gritting our teeth behind a smile when someone says mean things. And we are just as anxious about working with members as they are to work with us. Fabiana smiled a bit and said "I never knew that you guys were real people." I laughed and said "Yep. We are as real and imperfect as everyone else. The only difference is that we've chosen to give up our lives in the service of Heavenly Father." It was a special experience with her :)

Another little miracle that happened was that all of our investigators came to church this week! WHOOOOO! For any of you that haven't served a mission before, this is darn near impossible. We worked really hard to make sure that each person understood the importance of church. Church and scripture study aren't just things that are really nice to do. The little things really do make a difference! It's been so awesome to work with the people here!

A really sad thing happened this week... I lost my agenda. It's not super devastating, especially for the last week of the transfer, but we lots some appointments and contacts. Poop. I'm pretty sure some weirdo found it on the bus or something. I feel like a greenie again! Haha I don't know what we're doing most of the time and my  companion is the one writing all of our appointments and contacts. Oh well.... Tudo bem!

Sorry I don't have any pictures or many things to say. Next week!

Com Amor,
Sister Bellsprout

P.S. one of our investigators can't say Ellsworth so he named me Sister Bellsprout... "like the pokemon...." 

Close enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment