Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Whitewash with a Native, Getting Lost, WHOOHOO

Wow! This week was AWESOME! Probably one of the craziest weeks I've had on my mission. First off, I'm whitewashing an area with Sister Nogueira who is from San Paulo, Brasil in Póvoa. (poh-voh-ah) It's a big city on the outskirts of Lisbon. It has a ton of hills and our area covers a lot of the suburbs of Lisbon. Our members are AWESOME! It's just a party all the time.

Our first day trying to get to our new area was definitely an adventure. We were in 7 Rios (a really big train station / metro) and I found the map that would drop us in Póvoa. We grabbed all of our bags and dragged them to the other side of the train station until our train arrived. We threw our bags on  and as I was watching the stops and reading the map that's inside the train I noticed that Póvoa wasn't one of the stops. A little anxious, we got off at the next stop, dragged our bags to the opposite line, and got on the next train. Looking at the map of stops, it had Póvoa! But then I realized the train was going in the wrong direction.....

At the next stop we got off AGAIN and asked a worker which train went to Póvoa and he pointed to Line 3. We had already tried line 1 and line 2. So we got on line 3 and headed on out way. Looking at the stops again, it said that were were headed to the Algarve which was not even close to Póvoa! Got of, switched trains, and asked yet another employee. He said that it was number 1, which was the first train that we tried. I wanted to smack my head on the wall.

Finally we found the right train and arrived in our area. We found a taxi and gave him the address to our house and he said "Oh no, I know the missionaries! I know where you live!" We were like sweet, let's go! We loaded up our suitcases and he dropped us off in front of this apartment and drove off. We tried to open the door but none of our keys worked, Turns out the taxi driver took us to the Elders' house and not our house.

We called him again and made him take us to OUR house and finally found our new home sweet home. Then we spent the next 5 hours cleaning the dirtiest house I have ever seen in my life.

Lot's of other things happened too but I'm short on time. I took pictures this week but I left my SD card reader at home... Sorry. 

Love all of you guys!

The Happiest Sister Ever,

Sister Ellsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment